Saturday, October 27, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness

 
 
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and there are pink ribbons everywhere.  I realize that we are all at different levels for various reasons when it comes to how much we want to know and get involved.  When my mom died ten years ago from breast cancer, I was tired of hearing about it and needed a break but my sister jumped in to participate in the Komen 3-Day Walk.  There is no right or wrong, no pressure or guilt-trips when it comes to Breast Cancer Awareness - you have to do what is right for you, your own health, and your family.  I am going to list a few resources here for you so that you can gather the info that you need at this time.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
There are so many products that donate a percentage of the purchase price to breast cancer research, some during this month and some all year long.  Here are a few that caught my eye:
 
I want one of these, simple but a cute statement.
 
So handy, and I may be able to finally find my phone at home!
 
Make one of these (it's free!) and Bank of America will donate $5.00 to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

We have all been touched by this disease, in some way or another.  I hope this post helps you, if you are at a place where you are ready to learn or do more.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think. Your voice and story are important to this space.